Britus is an educational investment brand and new global financial investment platform for GFH, a GCC-based (gulf cooperation council) financial services company. GFH aims to build the world’s largest educational fund from a series of investments in schools from across the globe. Starting with investments in schools in the US and UK, the fund aims to expand with global acquisitions across key markets.
Our task with Britus was to:
• Create a brand identity and visual signature which can span the divide between the educational and financial worlds
• Devise a brand language that felt educational but would build confidence for investors new to the concept of ‘collateralized educational investments’
• Create financial literature to convey confidence to investors and bring the opportunity to life through compelling delivery of financial data to a sophisticated audience.
We created the Britus education brand by
• Mapping and defining stakeholder perception requirements
• Defining the visual markers that reflect both the financial and educational sectors
• Creating a unique visual mark to reflect the platform’s financial substance while playing on the illuminating qualities of education and alluding to the many entities the fund comprises
• Defining a color palette of calming blue and humanistic taupe
• Setting new typographic standards using Mercury, conveying a serious tone, sitting comfortably in the ‘education brand’ and ‘financial institute’ camps
• Creating a new slogan ‘Where rising stars invest in education’
• Creating new print materials featuring structured grids, elegant financial illustrations, clear tabulated information and humanist-themed section breakers.
• The brand succeeded in creating a visual identity spanning two worlds of education and finance
• The identity helped create a positive investor reaction
• The system is creating a brand platform for visually connecting new acquisitions, expected to start with The Sheffield School
• The identity itself also garnered a number of positive reactions from the design cognoscenti.
Client: GFH: Britus Education- www.gfh.com
CEO: Hisham Alrayes
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications: Fatima Fathala
Brand Strategists/Designers: Unisono – www.unisonoagency.com
Brand Strategy: Amy Morgan
Creative Director: Liam Farrell
Designers: Hajer Ghareeb, Liam Farrell
Copywriting: Liam Farrell