A digitally enabled world of interconnected people, things and places creates huge volumes of data with a potential ready to be realized. From data sets to solutions, businesses seek answers and location is where it’s at. Increasingly sophisticated capture, analytics and connectivity are helping us use data to paint a more relevant picture of our world than ever before. Linking the digital and real worlds to better understand people, enriching lives using the “where” to help answer the what and the how.
The ‘data economy’ is a complex category. PSMA’s role within this was unclear due to the complexity of the value chain. Australia’s national aggregator of location data, PSMA are a unique company with an innovative new product being launched to market, Geoscape, that would see them begin to play new roles in the data ecosystem.
With the potential to be a future geospatial game-changer, our role was to help define the go-to-market strategy that enabled Geoscape to lead in helping to reposition the business, but with a relevant and tangible link back to the parent brand PSMA.
The defining shift was to move from PSMA’s traditional role as ‘niche specialists’ to ‘critical collaborators’ for modern business. Being government-owned, it was critical to ensure the positioning protected their role as a neutral authority while enabling more valuable participation in the market. A newly defined purpose of ‘Placing intelligence in a digital world’ sits at the heart of this.
PSMA has had much success since the rebrand launched, including:
• Increased visitation and traffic to their website
• Client wins have increased due to greater clarity of message and support of the brand
• Recruitment has seen a massive upturn in conversations, interest and just being ‘on the radar’ of potential new recruits (the talent challenge was a key issue before the rebrand)
• Supporting salesforce in having clearer, stronger, high-level conversations with prospective clients
• Salesforce are now proud to hand over business cards and represent the business – unlocking sales potential
• Employee satisfaction has significantly increased post launch (measured through pre and post employee surveys)